- Wine Shipping Terms
- How much does it cost?
- Wine Returns
- Packaging Materials
- Too hot? - Weather Hold
- Tracking Info
- Holiday Shipping Information
- Terms and Conditions of Shipping Wine
Welcome to http://winemonger.com the online store of Winemonger Imports. The terms “Winemonger,” “http://winemonger.com,” “us” or “we” refer to the owner of this website. The terms “you”, “your” or “customer” refer to the user or viewer of this website.
By using this website, you represent to Winemonger that you are at least 21 years of age.
Title to all wines sold by Winemonger passes to the buyer in California, and the buyer is solely responsible for the shipment of wines. By placing an order, you authorize us to act on your behalf and to engage a common carrier to deliver the purchased products. We make no representation as to the legal rights of anyone to ship or import wines into any state outside California. In all cases, the buyer is responsible for complying with the laws and regulations, in particular those relating to the importation of alcohol, in effect in the state to which the buyer is shipping alcohol.
Orders are by credit card or PayPal only. We accept Visa, MasterCard, and American Express. The billing address for any such credit card needs to be provided at the time of your order and must be the address on your credit card statement.
Occasionally, our listed prices, bottle sizes, or quantities may be incorrect. We make every effort to make sure that our product database is accurate, however, in the event any such mistakes occur, we shall be held harmless for any such errors.
All content included on this site, such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, downloads, and software, is the property of this site's owner or its content suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws. The compilation of all content on this site is the exclusive property of this site's owner and protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of this site's owner or its software suppliers and protected by United States and international copyright laws.
Winemonger provides this site and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents. Winemonger disclaims all such representations and warranties, including for example warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In addition, Winemonger does not represent or warrant that the information accessible via this site is accurate, complete, or current. Price and availability information is subject to change without notice.
Except as specifically stated on this site, neither Winemonger nor any of its directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
We can ship wine to the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming
We cannot accept internet orders for wine from the following states:
Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, Utah
Winemonger will arrange for shipment on behalf of our customer, to an address specified by our customer, provided that Winemonger in its sole judgement believes that such shipment will not subject Winemonger to the risk of any sort of legal action or other harm. If a customer lives in a state where the direct shipment of wine by Winemonger violates the law, we suggest that the customer provide an alternative address in another state or have their wine shipped to a third-party storage facility in a direct shipping-friendly state. As a service to our customers, we have compiled a listing of these facilities, which are not affiliated with Winemonger. We do not provide an endorsement of any facility and we recommend that you contact the facility directly to determine if their costs and services meet your needs.
Here are those third-party storage facilities that we can ship to:
- Fifty-Fife Degrees(St Helena, California -- 707-963-5513)
- La Cave Wine Storage (several locations within California -- 650-692-4660)
- Portland Wine Storage (Portland, Oregon -- 503-231-1121)
- Safe Haven Wine Services (Paso Robles, CA -- 805-238-7233)
And of course, you must be 21 years of age or older to order and accept a wine shipment.
- How much does it cost to ship?
- Please use our shipping cost estimator during checkout to calculate your wine shipping costs in real time. We generally us UPS as a common carrier. Our wines ship from Napa (but glassware ships from New Jersey). If you live in California we recommend Ground shipping over 2Day shipping, as Ground shipments generally arrive within 1 to 2 business days (within California).
- Wine Returns
- It is a sad fact of wine that some bottles are "corked". If you draw that unlucky bottle, please hold onto what's left and contact us. For fastest results, contact us via our online contact form and include your order number. If we have another bottle of the same wine, we will replace your bottle. If we do not, we can offer you a different vintage if available, or we will refund your money.
- Bottles over 10 years old are purchased at the buyer's risk.
- Packaging Materials
- We use pulp inserts to ship wine. While styrofoam may keep temperatures steadier, we have found that as long as you ship in temperate weather the pulp inserts do a great job and don't destroy the planet.
- Too hot? - Weather Hold
- We do not recommend that you ship wine when the temperature soars, but we will leave it up to you. If you would like us to hold your order for inclement weather, simply contact us via email or phone and we'll be happy to do so!
- Tracking Info
- When your order ships, you will receive a shipping notification email which will have your UPS tracking number.
- Holiday Schedule for 2016
- Tuesday, Nov. 22- Normal pickup and delivery service. All UPS 2nd Day Air packages picked up today will be delivered on Friday, Nov. 25.
- Wednesday, Nov. 23- Normal pickup and delivery service. All UPS Next Day Air packages picked up today will be delivered on Friday, Nov. 25. All UPS 2nd Day Air packages picked up today will be delivered on Monday, Nov. 28 (except those processed and labeled for delivery on Saturday, Nov. 26).
- Thursday, Nov. 26, Thanksgiving Day- No UPS pickup or delivery service.
- Friday, Nov. 27- No UPS pickup from our warehouse. Orders already in transit have normal delivery service in most areas.
- Monday, Dec. 19- Normal pickup and delivery service. This is the last day to ship UPS 3 Day Select packages to be delivered before Christmas Day (delivery on Friday, Dec. 23).
- Tuesday, Dec. 20- Normal pickup and delivery service. All UPS 2nd Day Air packages picked up today will be delivered by Dec. 23. UPS 3 Day Select packages picked up today will be delivered after Christmas Day.
- Wednesday, Dec. 21- Normal pickup and delivery service. This is the last day to ship all UPS 2nd Day Air packages in time for Christmas Day (delivery on Friday, Dec. 23).
- Thursday, Dec. 22- Normal pickup and delivery service. This is the last day to ship all UPS Next Day Air packages in time for Christmas Day (delivery on Friday, Dec. 23).
- Friday, Dec. 23- No UPS pickups from our warehouse. Orders already in transit have normal delivery service in most areas.
- NEW YEAR’S
- Tuesday, Dec. 27- Normal pickup and delivery service. All UPS 3 Day Air packages picked up today will be delivered on Friday Dec. 30.
- Wednesday, Dec. 28- Normal pickup and delivery service. All UPS 2nd Day Air packages picked up today will be delivered on Friday, Dec. 30.
- Thursday, Dec. 29- Normal pickup and delivery service. All UPS Next Day packages picked up today will be deliverd on Friday, Dec.30. All UPS 2nd Day packages picked up today will be delivered on Tuesday, Jan.3.
- Friday, Dec 30- Normal pickup and delivery service. All UPS Next Day packages picked up today will be delivered on Tuesday, Jan.3.
- Monday, Jan. 2- No UPS pickups from our warehouse. No UPS delivery service. This is a UPS Holiday.